This survey is closed. Thank you for your interest.
MAKE IT HAPPEN! CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. To enter the MAKE IT HAPPEN! Contest ("Contest"), visit www.scholastic.com/wecan and submit the story created by your child (maximum word count: 500) along with your name, address, daytime phone number, e-mail address, your child's name and grade level. Your child must be in Grade Pre-K ? 8. You can also send your child's story along with the information above to: Make it Happen Contest, c/o Scholastic Inc., P.O. Box 711, New York 10012. Contest begins March 20, 2009, 12:00 a.m. EDT and all entries must be received by June 30, 2009, 11:59 p.m. EDT. Parents can submit only one entry per each child in the household, regardless of method of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Entry must be original work by the entrant's child (with or without assistance from the parent/entrant), and cannot contain previously published and/or copyrighted material in any part by any third party.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are currently over the age of 18 and have a child in grades Pre-K - 8. Employees and members of their families of Scholastic Inc. ("Scholastic") and Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust ("SFAFT"), Doctor's Associates Inc., their parent organizations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and production agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. WINNERS. One Grand Prize Winner and Six Runners-Up will be selected by Scholastic from among all eligible entries on or about July 15, 2009 and notified by phone on or about July 22, 2009. One Grand Prize Winner and Six Runners-Up will be chosen based on the creativity and quality of their essay, adherence to the proposed theme, and use of story starters. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a Scholastic gift basket (Approximate retail value: $500), a $100 Subway® Card and athletic equipment (Approximate retail value: $5000). Six Runners-Up Winners will receive a Scholastic gift basket (Approximate retail value: $100) and a $100 Subway® Card. Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered except by Scholastic in the event of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Athletic equipment awarded to the Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Contest Sponsors. The decisions of the judges are final and binding. Taxes on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
4. GENERAL. All entries will become the property of Scholastic and SFAFT and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entry is accurate and their child's original work and grant to Scholastic and SFAFT the right to use the winners' names, information provided and likeness in any media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotion and/or other purposes throughout the world without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. By accepting a prize, winners and family members also agree to release Scholastic, SFAFT, Doctor's Associates Inc., their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees and their advertising, promotion or production agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize and/or participation in the Contest. Subject to all applicable laws.
5. INTERNET. Scholastic, SFAFT, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion or production agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telecommunications malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the entrant, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest) the online portion of the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
6. WINNERS' LIST. The names of the Grand Prize Winner and Six Runners-Up will be available after August 28, 2009. You may request these names by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 20, 2009 to: Make it Happen! Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, NY, NY 10012.
7. BONUS OFFER: If you enter early, you have a chance to receive a free book just for entering. To redeem your free book, simply submit one valid Subway receipt store code (found on Subway receipts) along with your Make it Happen! entry on www.scholastic.com/wecan or mail information to Make it Happen! Contest, c/o Scholastic Inc., P.O. Box 711, New York 10012. Book Offer begins March 20, 2009 and ends the earlier of which (a) 1,000 books have been given away or (b) June 30, 2009. Eligible entrants to submit one valid Subway receipt store code with their contest entry will each receive one (1) free copy of a book of Scholastic's choice (estimated retail value: $3.99). One book per person and household. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of the receipt store codes will be accepted. Duplicate requests will constitute fraud. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Contest Sponsors: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, 488 Wheelers Farms Road, Milford, CT 06461
For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes please contact P&Cconnects@scholastic.com.